[asterisk-users] Cisco vs Asterisk

Femi adalemo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 17:08:44 CDT 2008

Anyone who has watched the OSS vs Commercial Software debate over the last
few years knows that OSS has turned the entire support model on its head and
has questioned the rationale for paying huge sums for support so much so
that even the commercial software companies have set up OSS-style
communities to provide support for their products.

I can tell you that you will most likely get an Asterisk bug fix before you
get a CCM bug fix.

As for bugs, perhaps you should check the list of "known issues" with CCM
and compare with the list of bugs in Asterisk. All software has bugs, you
just don't see a lot of people trying to get CCM to do things it wasn't
"designed" for.

- Femi