[asterisk-users] zap not getting callerid any more

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 16 00:08:40 CDT 2008

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> Unless you want to invest in a
>> better card, you may just have to live with the problem.
>>

> Which means what, a multiport and multi-hundreds of dollar card?  I'm
> just a home user.  I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a single
> piece of phone hardware.

I hadn't realised this was for a home server... yes I agree, for a home
server the Digium or Sangoma cards are a little too expensive.

> I wonder how much using something like an SPA-3102 (with both an FXS and
> FXO ports) eliminates these problems and brings reliability to the
> table.

I can't speak for the SPA-3102, but the SPA-3000 I use here at home
doesn't do a brilliant job.  I suffer from varying amounts of echo on
many calls, though oddly enough I've pretty much learnt to ignore it.
:)  As for Caller ID support, I can't help there - it /does/ support
Caller ID, but since I don't really want to pay an extra $6 or so just
to get caller ID on a number that usually rings only when telemarketers
get around to it, I have no idea how reliable it is.

I'm sure you'll find it amusing to find out that I was toying with the
idea of getting an X100 card for my server.  :)  Unfortunately, they
appear to be very hard to find in Australia.