[asterisk-users] zap not getting callerid any more

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Jul 15 12:48:47 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 12:49 -0400, Noah Miller wrote:

> It is odd that it would work one day and not the next.

Indeed.

> I'd have to
> say, though that I've seen that rxgain/txgain values beyond +-8 seem
> to yield unpredictable results in many areas,

Yeah, I was pretty alarmed months ago when I tuned it to 10.9 to get
that magical 14844, but there was no echo and CID worked, but given
everything was working, didn't really concern myself with it further.

> even if they do get you
> closer to 14844, and that's even on the cool new cards all the kids
> are using these days. And now the obligatory: YMMV

Indeed.  Things seem to be working again with rxgain at 10.0.  Any
attempt to push it closer to that 10.5 (from today's calibration) or
10.9 (calibration of a few months ago) yield CID problems again.

But I still wonder why the higher values result in "chan_zap.c:6670
ss_thread: Got event 18 (Ring Begin)..." messages and lower values do
not AND YET Asterisk answers the Zap/POTS line in either case.

I can't help but think that message and the lack of CID at the higher,
calibrated value are related.

b.