[asterisk-users] zap not getting callerid any more

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jul 16 08:31:51 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 15:08 +1000, Rob Hillis wrote:
> I hadn't realised this was for a home server... yes I agree, for a home
> server the Digium or Sangoma cards are a little too expensive.

Indeed.

> I can't speak for the SPA-3102, but the SPA-3000 I use here at home
> doesn't do a brilliant job.  I suffer from varying amounts of echo on
> many calls,

Oh, that's sad to hear (NPI).

> I'm sure you'll find it amusing to find out that I was toying with the
> idea of getting an X100 card for my server.

LOL.

> Unfortunately, they
> appear to be very hard to find in Australia.

I got mine off of Ebay.  I ended up getting two in fact due to what is
in my opinion Ebay's complicity in fraud.  I was in a bidding war with
somebody on one auction and when he finally bid past my stop limit, I
moved on to another auction and won that one.  Then the bidder that I
was bidding against in the first auction bailed out and left me holding
the bag.

Ebay completely let him do it and didn't respond to any of my complaints
about it (IIRC -- this was 7+ years ago).

Was that person I was bidding against really the seller, driving the
price up and then bailing when he noticed I wasn't willing to go higher
and he was getting his maximum price for it?  I have no proof and will
never really know the answer to that question, but it sure makes me
wonder.

And that Ebay allowed him to bail out of an auction that he clearly won
just stinks and considering they get paid as a percentage of the sale
price squarely puts them into a conflict of interest.

I don't think I've bought anything from Ebay since and I'd never again,
not for anything more than $10 or $20 anyway.

But I digress.  :-)

b.