[asterisk-users] zap not getting callerid any more

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 11:49:29 CDT 2008

>> > One thing I have noticed is that in the cases where the wildcard cannot
>> > determine the CID (i.e. because the rxgain is up around 10.5), I get
>> > this in my asterisk console:
>> >
>> > [Jul 15 08:04:09] NOTICE[26696]: chan_zap.c:6670 ss_thread: Got event 18 (Ring Begin)...

It is odd that it would work one day and not the next.  I'd have to
say, though that I've seen that rxgain/txgain values beyond +-8 seem
to yield unpredictable results in many areas, even if they do get you
closer to 14844, and that's even on the cool new cards all the kids
are using these days. And now the obligatory: YMMV

- Noah