[asterisk-users] How to integerate 2 TDM cards on same machine.

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 14:02:48 CDT 2008

Hi Syed -

> I have been using single TDM800P card. It is a small card with 4FXO and 4FXS
> ports. I have been using it for sometime without any problem. I am using
> Asterisk 1.4.18.1. Now due to greater requirement to handle more calls our
> office has bought another larger card TDM2401E which has 24 FXO ports. I
> have installed it on the same machine. Would like to know following about
> its configuration.
>
> Same Zaptel Driver will be used which is catering for my TDM800P card??
> My zaptel.conf has following current config: loadzone=us, defaultzone=us,
> fxoks=1-4, fxsks=5-8.

Just add in the extra channels: fxoks=9-32.  Be sure to check the
order the cards are loading with zttool.  If the 2401E is loading
first, it will actually be channels 1-24, and the 800 will be channels
25-32.

Also, test to make sure your machine is capable of this setup.  Each
of these cards will generate 1000 interrupts per second.  Most modern
motherboards should be able to handle this, but some older ones may
choke under this load.

- Noah