[asterisk-users] fring (softphone on mobile) and open vpn

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Mon Jul 14 12:14:27 CDT 2008

Am Montag, den 14.07.2008, 09:45 -0700 schrieb bilal ghayyad:
> Hi All;
>
> Anyone can advise for a method to have open vpn client to be installed on the mobile, so it can open a vpn channel with Asterisk (I installed open vpn at it) from the mobile, and then I can let fring use the open vpn channel to do the communication? This I need it because I am facing a problem with NAT (when asterisk behind NAT), so voice does not run well, so I am trying to use VPN in that case, and I know that for voice open vpn is the best vpn method, but how to has such open vpn client on mobile to use it with fring?

Hi Bilal,

I take it your mobile phone runs some kind of Windows Mobile. As far as
I know, there is no OpenVPN support for that operating system (at least
back when I tried about a year ago I found nothing).

I guess the CPU load of OpenVPN might prevent smooth phone calls
anyway...

You might try to solve your NAT problem instead.

Best regards

Anselm