[asterisk-users] Zaptel problem with pots lines

Enrico Maistro emaistro at yahoo.it
Mon Jul 14 13:56:40 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get up and running a TDM400 with a standard italian pots
line but i'm having
 problems at getting asterisk to detect when the line get answered on
outgoing calls.

I'm using asterisk 1.6 beta 9 with zaptel 1.4.11.

I tried with and without answeronpolarityswitch=yes but it didn't change
anything at all.

With callprogress=yes answer get never detected.
With callprogress=no line get answered as soon as it start ringing,
regardless if someone
really answer the call.

Zaptel channels use fxs_ks signalling .

kernel: Freshmaker version: 73
kernel: Freshmaker passed register test
kernel: ProSLIC on module 0, product 3, version 15
kernel: VoiceDAA System: 04
kernel: ISO-Cap is now up, line side: 03 rev 06
kernel: setting FXO tx gain for card=0 to 0
kernel: setting FXO rx gain for card=0 to 0
kernel: DEBUG fxotxgain:0.0 fxorxgain:0.0
kernel: Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
kernel: ProSLIC on module 1, product 0, version 0
kernel: VoiceDAA System: 04
kernel: ISO-Cap is now up, line side: 03 rev 06
kernel: setting FXO tx gain for card=1 to 0
kernel: setting FXO rx gain for card=1 to 0
kernel: DEBUG fxotxgain:0.0 fxorxgain:0.0
kernel: Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
kernel: ProSLIC on module 2, product 0, version 0
kernel: Module 2: Not installed
kernel: ProSLIC on module 3, product 0, version 0
kernel: Module 3: Not installed
kernel: Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (2 modules)
kernel: 4294908325 Polarity reversed (0 -> -1)
kernel: 4294908326 Polarity reversed (0 -> 1)
kernel: BATTERY on 1/1 (-)!
kernel: NO BATTERY on 1/2!

Any suggestion?
Am i trying to do something that simply can't be done?

Thanks,
Enrico Maistro