[asterisk-users] US T1 Hangup Detection

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Thu Jul 10 20:50:49 CDT 2008

Another update on the latest hookup attempt.  I can make it work
reasonably well with callprogress=yes, it detects the hangup but only
after about 7-9 seconds.  My config files are the same as the last
time I posted (apparently last time I wasn't waiting long enough for
callprogress to kick in).  If I turn callprogress=off then it never
hangs up, if I turn it on, again after 7-9 seconds, it will hangup.
My current Adtran unit hangs up almost instantly, so I think it is
getting and detecting the "disconnect supervision" correctly.

I am going to try again in a few days, but I want to make some
modifications to the zaptel driver (add in some debug code) and revert
to Asterisk 1.4, not that I expect that to make a difference but I'll
try anything at this point.  Before I do a question:

I am using esf,b8zs signalling on a true(/inband) T1 line.  Does the
Zaptel driver use the rxwink timing to detect a hangup by the
disconnect supervision?  If not, what does it use as it must be able
to tell the difference (and I am using analog terms here) between a
hangup and a "flash" for 3-way calling.

Thanks again.  If I can't figure this out I will have to call them
out, but I don't think they will do anything other than say "yep it
works on our side, fix your own equipment."

Daniel