[asterisk-users] US T1 Hangup Detection

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Jul 11 14:09:50 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:13:02AM -0700, Daniel Hazelbaker wrote:
> D-Marc that terminates the 25-pair "analog" line coming in (this does
> not just contain our lines as I can tap into other peoples lines and
> hear there conversations, love security).

The T-1's aren't on that, though, right?

> Next to that is a box with 4 slots for "T1" cards, we used to have a
> T1 internet connection and its card is still in there. Slot 2 has the
> flex-grow T1 card in it.

That's the smartjack, in the box.

> One of the pairs from the D-Marc goes into this T1 card and it

Really?  You have an RJ-21X block that contains both analog AND T1
wires?  That's really uncommon.  I hope they at least put the red
special service caps on the T1 wires.

> provides a RJ-45 connection for the T1 line that runs either to the
> Adtran or to our Digium T1 card.

Probably an RJ-48, actually, but who's counting.  :-)

> I hope that answers the question, as I am not entirely sure what a
> shelf or smartjack are.  Though I will feel really stupid if you say a
> shelf is something you store stuff on.

See above.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra