[asterisk-users] [asterisk-dev] Locking, coding guidelines addition

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Jul 5 12:32:46 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Tilghman Lesher
<tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 05 July 2008 04:24:19 Steve Totaro wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Tilghman Lesher
>>
>> <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > If you want to be a Freeswitch fanboy, that's fine, but please keep it
>> > off this list.  This list is for usage questions of Asterisk, not for
>> > fanboyism of other software projects.
>>
>> I did not say I was a FreeSwitch fanboy, or at least that is not what
>> I meant to say.
>
> It is what came across.  There are thousands of other software projects, but
> Asterisk is the only one which is on-topic.  Please refrain from talking up
> another software project.  The response would be the same if you had engaged
> in talking up SQL Ledger or Firefox.  None of those projects are on-topic.
>
>> The thread is about "Locking, coding guidelines addition" and posted
>> posted a better way of doing  things.  If anyone is a fanboy, it is
>> the person that is quick to reject better ways of doing things because
>> they don't fit with the status quo (the asterisk way)..
>
> There was no rejection of better ways to do things.  The discussion from
> which this tangent originated was very specifically about improving the coding
> guidelines to be more clear when it comes to locking order.  I don't
> understand why you had to cross-post.
>
>> And, if memory serves me correctly, you are the same guy that said,
>> "If it is released, it stable", I can dig up that quote if need be.
>
> I think your memory deceives you, but in any case, it is not relevant to this
> discussion.
>
> --
> Tilghman

.I am by no way saying go with Freeswich,  I am suggesting the logic
of locks an deadlocks.

Common sense must tell you to find the best method an implementing
something,.tons of deadlocks is to follow Freeswitch's concepts.

Thank,
Steve T

Freeswitch has that.>