[asterisk-users] [asterisk-dev] Locking, coding guidelines addition

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Jul 5 09:33:17 CDT 2008

On Saturday 05 July 2008 04:24:19 Steve Totaro wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Tilghman Lesher
>
> <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 04 July 2008 19:59:55 Steve Totaro wrote:
> >> FreeSwitch will be the clear winner, or at least the heart of large
> >> scale systems with a few Asterisk boxen here and there until it
> >> becomes more mature.
> >
> > If you want to be a Freeswitch fanboy, that's fine, but please keep it
> > off this list.  This list is for usage questions of Asterisk, not for
> > fanboyism of other software projects.
>
> I did not say I was a FreeSwitch fanboy, or at least that is not what
> I meant to say.

It is what came across.  There are thousands of other software projects, but
Asterisk is the only one which is on-topic.  Please refrain from talking up
another software project.  The response would be the same if you had engaged
in talking up SQL Ledger or Firefox.  None of those projects are on-topic.

> The thread is about "Locking, coding guidelines addition" and posted
> posted a better way of doing  things.  If anyone is a fanboy, it is
> the person that is quick to reject better ways of doing things because
> they don't fit with the status quo (the asterisk way)..

There was no rejection of better ways to do things.  The discussion from
which this tangent originated was very specifically about improving the coding
guidelines to be more clear when it comes to locking order.  I don't
understand why you had to cross-post.

> And, if memory serves me correctly, you are the same guy that said,
> "If it is released, it stable", I can dig up that quote if need be.

I think your memory deceives you, but in any case, it is not relevant to this
discussion.

--
Tilghman