[asterisk-users] [asterisk-dev] Locking, coding guidelines addition

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Jul 5 04:24:19 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Tilghman Lesher
<tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> On Friday 04 July 2008 19:59:55 Steve Totaro wrote:
>> FreeSwitch will be the clear winner, or at least the heart of large
>> scale systems with a few Asterisk boxen here and there until it
>> becomes more mature.
>
> If you want to be a Freeswitch fanboy, that's fine, but please keep it off
> this list.  This list is for usage questions of Asterisk, not for fanboyism of
> other software projects.
>
> --
> Tilghman

I did not say I was a FreeSwitch fanboy, or at least that is not what
I meant to say.

The thread is about "Locking, coding guidelines addition" and posted
posted a better way of doing  things.  If anyone is a fanboy, it is
the person that is quick to reject better ways of doing things because
they don't fit with the status quo (the asterisk way)..

And, if memory serves me correctly, you are the same guy that said,
"If it is released, it stable", I can dig up that quote if need be.

Thanks,
Steve T