[asterisk-users] Asterisk's DANGEROUS Transfer CDR's

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:24:14 CST 2008

> Disbaling transfers is an attractive option from my point of view but not
> from my customer's. Being able to transfer an incoming call from the
> receptionist to the required person is something businesses will consider
> changing provider for in my experience.

The provider can disable transfers (which is what we do), but why can a PBX
not still allow it?  Our PBX customers all can do transferring... but that's
because billing isn't needed THERE.  The billing, if any, is done on our
end, or their providers end.    This really seems like a very small and moot
point that is being blown up.

If the receptionist needs to transfer the call, then she should be able to
do that within the confines of her PBX... the transfer of her call should
NEVER go back out her PBX back to the supplier, for if it does, her PBX now
loses control of that call.