[asterisk-users] Maybe a little OT---USB Handset

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jan 27 10:44:02 CST 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 11:27:16AM -0500, John Millican wrote:
> Hello All,
> This may be a little OT for the list but it seems to be to be the place
> to get the best answer. I have looked at the many Skype/Yahoo phones out
> there and none seem to be what I am looking for.
> I have a need for a USB handset that I can use with an Asterisk server.

A USB handset is basically a sound device (and not a great one, usually)
along with a small keyboard. Linux will usually easily identify the
sound device and you can use the phone as chan_{oss,alsa,console}.

Using the keyboard in it may be trickier.

Do any of the above support cancelling acustic echo? Is it actually
needed in this case?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com