[asterisk-users] Maybe a little OT---USB Handset

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Sun Jan 27 10:27:16 CST 2008

Hello All,
This may be a little OT for the list but it seems to be to be the place
to get the best answer. I have looked at the many Skype/Yahoo phones out
there and none seem to be what I am looking for.
I have a need for a USB handset that I can use with an Asterisk server.
  This will be on the server itself and an extension on that server,
most likely the only extension.  The handset needs the ability to
generate its own on hook/off hook and DTMF so that I would not need to
load a soft phone.  I will eventually be needing many of these so if the
set up requires a lot of hacking to the phone it "may" not be feasible.
Having said that any suggestions will be appreciated.  I know I could
use an ATA and a PSTN Phone from wally world, but this will not fit the
project or the need.

Thanks,
JohnM