[asterisk-users] asterisk-1.2.26.tar.gz Thoughts?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jan 19 07:47:16 CST 2008

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 06:21:15PM +1100, Rob Hillis wrote:
> I would suspect that your hardware is the cause of your problems.
> Running a production PBX system on a discarded desktop system is a
> /really/ bad idea.
>
> I would seriously consider an upgrade to your hardware.

Well, there is not enough data to suggest that. Before blaming Ira for
being such a cheap fellow (after all, he didn't buy one of those IBM big
iorns to run Asterisk on) we should also consider that the upgrade to
1.4 probably also involved an upgrade of Zaptel, which *is* kernel
space.

And maybe there was soemthing completely different. Which is why I asked
for a trace, to give some sort of direction to see where the problem
comes from.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com