[asterisk-users] G.729 pre-compiled binaries and Asterisk 1.2.x.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jan 14 16:55:14 CST 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Steve Totaro wrote:

> I would suggest building it yourself (
> http://www.readytechnology.co.uk/open/ipp-codecs/doc-svn6.txt).  It is not
> that difficult and ensures that it "should" be compatible with your
> machine.  Just a little work.

   That was what I initially tried to do, and found it rather daunting,
although for reasons I do not clearly recall.  It is probably worth
re-examining.

> Either that or pay for the legal licensing of G729 and get support
> through the appropriate channels.  Using the code for anything other
> than learning purposes is illegal, not to mention that licensing is
> quite inexpensive.

   At this point, it's only used for testing and is not enjoying active
use because it's too unstable.  When I get beyond that point, I agree.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems