[asterisk-users] G.729 pre-compiled binaries and Asterisk 1.2.x.

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Jan 14 16:59:41 CST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 5:55 PM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Steve Totaro wrote:
>
> > I would suggest building it yourself (
> > http://www.readytechnology.co.uk/open/ipp-codecs/doc-svn6.txt).  It is
> not
> > that difficult and ensures that it "should" be compatible with your
> > machine.  Just a little work.
>
>   That was what I initially tried to do, and found it rather daunting,
> although for reasons I do not clearly recall.  It is probably worth
> re-examining.
>
> > Either that or pay for the legal licensing of G729 and get support
> > through the appropriate channels.  Using the code for anything other
> > than learning purposes is illegal, not to mention that licensing is
> > quite inexpensive.
>
>   At this point, it's only used for testing and is not enjoying active
> use because it's too unstable.  When I get beyond that point, I agree.
>
> --
> Alex Balashov
> Evariste Systems
> Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
> Tel    : +1-678-954-0670
> Direct : +1-678-954-0671

Well why not buy a couple of licenses and test with those.  I am sure it
won't break the bank.

No sense testing with something you are not even going to use in production,
right?

Generally, when I test something that may go into production, I test with
what I plan on using in production, seems to make more sense that way to me
anyways.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro