[asterisk-users] My latest MFC/R2 update with asterisk-1.4.17

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 10:58:35 CST 2008

Another update,

We have Cisco equipment that can talk to the phone company but the
cas-custom settings were not made.  This got me looking into what cas
signaling is was using by default.  Cisco uses ITU unless otherwise
specified.  So my next idea was to try and have the Asterisk box talk to the
Cisco box that is known to work using R2 Signaling.  I didn't know how to
make unicall do the ITU variant so I looked into the source code and found
out that a lot of the country codes are just plain ITU so once I figured
that out (I thought that might be my problem but it wasn't) I just set it to
iq since that is ITU and I hoped it could talk to the Cisco router that way.

If I tried to call from Cisco box (CME) to the Asterisk box, I would see
event Detected but it would never answer.  My zapatal.conf and
unicall.confboth sent calls to the incoming context.  Calls incoming
from the spans 1-3
answer just find but calls coming in on the R2 span (span 4) don't answer
but it does display that is sees the event!

After 30 sec. or so is drops the call.

Next I tried to dial out.  To do this I have an IVR setup to dial out on the
R2 trunk.  I dial in on one of the 3 pri isdn spans, hit the IVR, press my
option that dials out on the R2 trunk and it actually make the call.  I see
something about exception 12 during the call but it works.

How come I can dial out R2 but not answer a call?  Any ideas?

Regards,

Brian