[asterisk-users] My latest MFC/R2 update with asterisk-1.4.17

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 11:09:21 CST 2008

Brian, you have all wrong. Please search in google about unicall
configuration, 2 years ago there were no information, but now, it has
been discussed in many web pages how zaptel is supposed to be
configured.

If you need me to configure your lines for you, my quote is 100USD for
MFC/R2 E1 configuration.

Regards,

On Jan 12, 2008 4:50 AM, Brian Hutchinson <b.hutchman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I still haven't seen my first post (cry for help) so I'm not sure if these
> are going through or not ...
>
> I've played with the box all day today ... I got it to quit seg faulting
> finally by playing with the config files.
>
> Currently I have 4 spans configured for a Digium TE420B (With Octastic DSP)
>
> Here is my zaptel.conf: (I know the device connected to spans 1-3 are
> providing clock but I don't know about span 4 so I have no idea if I set
> these right)
> span 1,1,0,css,hdb3,crc4
> span 2,1,0,css,hdb3,crc4
> span 3,1,0,css,hdb3,crc4
> span 4,1,0,cas,hdb3
>
> bchan=1-15,17-31
> dchan=16
> #
> bchan=32-46,48-62
> dchan=47
> #
> bchan=63-77,79-93
> dchan=78
>  #
> #R2 span
> cas=94-108:1111
> cas=110-124:1111
>
> I'm in Iraq and they use Chinese Huawei switches throughout the country
> which is why I used 1111 instead of 1101 but I've tried that too and haven't
> seen a difference yet (could have other problems though)
>
> Do I need to specify a dchan=109 for the R2 span?  I don't have one setup
> currently as the example didn't list a dchan setting for R2.
>
> The first 3 spans are euro isdn and zapata.conf is:
>
> switchtype = euroisdn
> signalling = pri_cpe
>
> context=incoming
> group = 1
> channel => 1-15,17-31
> ;
> group = 2
> channel => 32-46,48-62
> ;
> group = 3
> channel => 63-77,79-93
>
> My unicall.conf is:
>
> context=incoming
> protocolclass=mfcr2
> protocolvariant=cn,20,7
> ;
> protocolend=cpe
> ;
> group = 4
> channel => 94-108,110-124
>
> When Asterisk comes up, in the CLI I get notices for channels 94-124.
> Unicall/94 says event Far end unblocked followed by Unicall/94 event Local
> end unblocked and this messages repeats for the rest of the channels.
>
> I try to dial out with Dial(zap/g4/<phone number>) but I got an error so I
> looked at chan_unicall.c and saw something I thought I'd try then I changed
> it to:
>
> Dial(unicall/g4/<phone number>) which then brings up:
>
> WARNING[21155]: chan_unicall.c:3023 do_monitor: Unicall/94 Whoa.... I'm
> owned but found (11) in read [0x825e788, 0x825e788]...
> NOTICE[21184]: chan_unicall.c:2504 handle_uc_event: Unicall/94 event Dialing
> [...]

"Within C++, there is a much smaller and cleaner language struggling
to get out."