[asterisk-users] My latest MFC/R2 update with asterisk-1.4.17

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 04:50:57 CST 2008

Hi all,

I still haven't seen my first post (cry for help) so I'm not sure if these
are going through or not ...

I've played with the box all day today ... I got it to quit seg faulting
finally by playing with the config files.

Currently I have 4 spans configured for a Digium TE420B (With Octastic DSP)

Here is my zaptel.conf: (I know the device connected to spans 1-3 are
providing clock but I don't know about span 4 so I have no idea if I set
these right)
span 1,1,0,css,hdb3,crc4
span 2,1,0,css,hdb3,crc4
span 3,1,0,css,hdb3,crc4
span 4,1,0,cas,hdb3

bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16
#
bchan=32-46,48-62
dchan=47
#
bchan=63-77,79-93
dchan=78
#
#R2 span
cas=94-108:1111
cas=110-124:1111

I'm in Iraq and they use Chinese Huawei switches throughout the country
which is why I used 1111 instead of 1101 but I've tried that too and haven't
seen a difference yet (could have other problems though)

Do I need to specify a dchan=109 for the R2 span?  I don't have one setup
currently as the example didn't list a dchan setting for R2.

The first 3 spans are euro isdn and zapata.conf is:

switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe

context=incoming
group = 1
channel => 1-15,17-31
;
group = 2
channel => 32-46,48-62
;
group = 3
channel => 63-77,79-93

My unicall.conf is:

context=incoming
protocolclass=mfcr2
protocolvariant=cn,20,7
;
protocolend=cpe
;
group = 4
channel => 94-108,110-124

When Asterisk comes up, in the CLI I get notices for channels 94-124.
Unicall/94 says event Far end unblocked followed by Unicall/94 event Local
end unblocked and this messages repeats for the rest of the channels.

I try to dial out with Dial(zap/g4/<phone number>) but I got an error so I
looked at chan_unicall.c and saw something I thought I'd try then I changed
it to:

Dial(unicall/g4/<phone number>) which then brings up:

WARNING[21155]: chan_unicall.c:3023 do_monitor: Unicall/94 Whoa.... I'm
owned but found (11) in read [0x825e788, 0x825e788]...
NOTICE[21184]: chan_unicall.c:2504 handle_uc_event: Unicall/94 event Dialing
NOTICE[21184]: chan_unicall.c:2504 handle_uc_event: Unicall/94 event
Protocol failure
ERROR[21184]: chan_unicall.c:2508 handle_uc_event: Unicall/94 protocol
error. Cause 32776
WARNING[21184]: app_dial.c:738 wait_for_answer: Unable to forward voice or
dtmf

... then it hangs up.

If you've read this far you have probably figured that I have no idea what
I'm doing!  I'm at the mercy of this fine group to show me the error of my
ways.

If I have forgotten to post data that would help ... just let me know.  I
have no clue how to debug this but I'm trying to figure it out.

My PRI ISDN spans work though and I can make/receive calls on them so I know
I'm not totally in the weeds.

Regards,

Brian