[asterisk-users] Busy notification with call limiting byGROUP_COUNT()

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Wed Jan 9 15:42:27 CST 2008

Peter Galiovsky wrote on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 9:39 AM
> I want the user to be presented as busy if he has at
> least one call active, be it incoming or outgoing. How
> should I set things up to achieve this?

I have a very similar need. We are using call queues and would like to
have only 1 call presented to our trouble call reps at a time, but would
like to give them the ability to initiate an outgoing call on a
different line (even while on an incoming call). We are using Aastra
480i SIP phones.

I have read that app_groupcount and setgroup may be the way to handle
this but the wiki is confusing.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+SetGroup

Can someone suggest an approach (preferably one currently in use)? We
are using Asterisk 1.4.17.

Don Pobanz