[asterisk-users] Busy notification with call limiting by GROUP_COUNT()

Peter Galiovsky galiyosha+asterisk-users at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 09:38:46 CST 2008

Hello all,

I was wondering what will be the "proper" way to manage BUSY state
notification in presence once call-limit, incominglimit and all those
settings are gone.

I'm using GROUP_COUNT for call limiting in Asterisk 1.4.13 but I have no
idea how to set up the settings needed for BUSY notification to work as
I want it to.

Basically, I want to disable call waiting (this is done by the
GROUP_COUNT() check in dialplan) but don't want to limit the number of
outgoing calls per user at all. I want the user to be presented as busy
if he has at least one call active, be it incoming or outgoing. How
should I set things up to achieve this?

Thanks in advance. Best,
Peter