[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Checking that TDM card works?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jan 8 12:29:20 CST 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 07:06:17PM +0100, Vincent wrote:
> Hello
>
> 	Since TDM cards are known for being particular when it comes
> to motherboards (PCI 2.2, etc.), I was wondering if there is a utility
> that can check that the Zaptel driver works OK and can tell if the TDM
> card is compatible?
>
> That way, if an FXO module is not reporting an incoming call, we'd
> know it's because of the Zaptel driver, and not something elsewhere.
>
> Are "dmesg", "lspci -v", "ztcfg -vv" and "zttool" the only tools
> available to investigate this issue?
>
> Thank you.
> ==================
>
> PS: I'm using an OpenVox clone of the Digium card, with just one FXO
> module. With the FXO module installed on plug #1, here's what I tried
> so far. Note that "ztcfg -vv" says "1 channels to configure.", while
> Digium cards apparently say ""1 channels configured":

This change is simply due to different versions of Zaptel. Zaptel >=
1.4.6 prints "to configure" because this message is printed (and has
always been prinetd) before the configuration is actually applied. And
hence fooled poor users into believing that their channels were properly
configured.

> ================= # cat zapata.conf
> [channels]
> language=fr
> context=my-phones
> usecallerid=yes
> hidecallerid=no
> immediate=no
>
> signalling=fxs_ks
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> channel=>1
>
> ================= # cat /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
> [general]
>
> [globals]
>
> [my-phones]
> exten => s,1,Verbose(yes!)

In the Asterisk CLI run:

  core set verbose 3

And then see what happens when a call comes in.
Basically you miss an action to do after the Verbose line.

Alternatively, what is the output of:

cat /proc/zaptel/*
asterisk -rx 'zap show channels'

--