[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Checking that TDM card works?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 9 03:42:52 CST 2008

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 20:29:20 +0200, Tzafrir Cohen
<tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
>This change is simply due to different versions of Zaptel. Zaptel >=
>1.4.6 prints "to configure" because this message is printed (and has
>always been prinetd) before the configuration is actually applied.

Good to know :-)

>In the Asterisk CLI run:
>
>  core set verbose 3
>
>And then see what happens when a call comes in.
>Basically you miss an action to do after the Verbose line.

But I wasn't getting _anything_ in the CLI. Since I was stuck, I
recompiled Zaptel and Asterisk... and lo-and-behold! I have no idea
why it solved the issue, though.

BTW, is there an order when loading modules for a TDM card? The
OpenVox seems to need zaptel, wctdm, and wcfxo, so I just run this:

# modprobe zaptel
# modprobe wctdm
# modprobe wcfxo
# lsmod

Thanks for the tips on "cat /proc/zaptel/*" and ""asterisk -rx 'zap
show channels'". I'll add them to the list of tools to investigate.