[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Checking that TDM card works?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Tue Jan 8 12:06:17 CST 2008

Hello

	Since TDM cards are known for being particular when it comes
to motherboards (PCI 2.2, etc.), I was wondering if there is a utility
that can check that the Zaptel driver works OK and can tell if the TDM
card is compatible?

That way, if an FXO module is not reporting an incoming call, we'd
know it's because of the Zaptel driver, and not something elsewhere.

Are "dmesg", "lspci -v", "ztcfg -vv" and "zttool" the only tools
available to investigate this issue?

Thank you.
==================

PS: I'm using an OpenVox clone of the Digium card, with just one FXO
module. With the FXO module installed on plug #1, here's what I tried
so far. Note that "ztcfg -vv" says "1 channels to configure.", while
Digium cards apparently say ""1 channels configured":

================= # dmesg
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Zaptel Version: 1.4.7
Zaptel Echo Canceller: MG2
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:0f.0[A] -> Link [LNKD] -> GSI 12 (level,
low) -> IRQ 12
Freshmaker version: 71
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 1: Not installed
Module 2: Not installed
Module 3: Not installed
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (1 modules)
[...]
usbcore: registered new driver wcusb
Wildcard USB FXS Interface driver registered
Registered tone zone 2 (France)

================= # lspci -v

00:0f.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX
Modem/ISDN interface
        Subsystem: Unknown device b100:0003
        I/O ports at c400 [size=256]
        Memory at dfffe000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

================= # cat /etc/zaptel.conf
fxsks=1
loadzone=fr
defaultzone=fr

================= # ztcfg -vvvv

Zaptel Version: 1.4.7
Echo Canceller: MG2
Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels to configure.

================= # cat zapata.conf
[channels]
language=fr
context=my-phones
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
immediate=no

signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
channel=>1

================= # cat /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
[general]

[globals]

[my-phones]
exten => s,1,Verbose(yes!)

================= # service zaptel restart
Unloading zaptel hardware drivers:.
Waiting for zap to come online...OK
 wct4xxp.
 wcte12xp.
 wct1xxp.
 wcte11xp.
 wctdm24xxp.
 wcfxo.
 wctdm.
 wcusb.
Running ztcfg:  [  OK  ]

================= # service asterisk restart
Shutting down asterisk: Asterisk ended with exit status 0
Asterisk shutdown normally.
[  OK  ]
Starting asterisk: [  OK  ]

================= # asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvr