[asterisk-users] Cisco 7941G-GE with Asterisk and CTPSEP odyssee

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Jan 4 09:01:54 CST 2008

Christophorus Laube wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have bought some Cisco 7941G-GE IP phones and want to use them with
> asterisk. Before bying I tested the whole setup with three different
> models of the old 79X0 series (a 7912, 7940 and a 7960). Flashing the
> formerly provided SCCP-Image to SIP was no problem, but now it complains
> about a nonexistent CTLSEP<mac>.tlv file. Most of the howtos say
> something about an empty file but that does not suit to me.
Don't know what you mean by "that does not suit me"
Simply create a file with no contents and the load will be happy
There is plenty of information available on how to up the 7960 from SCCP
to SIP, and I assume from your question you are in the transition from 6
to 7.
Use Google, look on the voip-info site and you will find step by step
procedures.
Different versions of now obsolete firmware are also on the Net.
7961, 7970 results may vary!
> Does anyone of you have experience in getting these phones to work or can point me to any information bringing me back in the game?

You need to work your way up, version by version as well.

The problem I now have is version 7.1 works fine, version 7.3 won't
place any calls and goes to reorder.  Asterisk shows it trying to go to
a non existent context, not specified in sip.conf

Any ideas?

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot