[asterisk-users] Cisco 7941G-GE with Asterisk and CTPSEP odyssee

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Mon Jan 7 15:01:59 CST 2008

Christophorus Laube wrote:
> I do have to answer to your suggestion of renaming the CTLSEP<mac>.tlv
> to SEP<mac>. The phone is still requesting CTLSEP<mac>.tlv and as it
> cannot find that it goes into a loop.
Did you create a zero byte file with that name?

I had to do that with a 7960 and it was very happy.
I was able to successfully load version 7.1 of SIP, and all seems to
work with Asterisk.
And continues to work
I used the Solar Winds TFTP server on Win2K.

I have been unable to get version 7.3 or later to work properly though.
It will receive calls, through out no error messages, but is unable to
place calls.
I am sure there is something it wants in one of the xml files, but I
have yet to find it.
The sample files on the Wiki were used, work with 7.1, but not with 7.3
Though not directly related to Asterisk, that hasn't stopped thousands
of other Cisco related postings.

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot