[asterisk-users] ip phone suggestion for Asia?

Ian FREISLICH ianf at clue.co.za
Fri Jan 4 04:08:13 CST 2008

"d tbsky" wrote:
> hi:
>    thanks for the information. you are the second one who mentioned
> atcom. so i think this phone has basic quality.
>    i don't have atcom in hand. but i have other china brand(fanvil)
> phone which seems the same as atcom: infeneon based, sip, iax, good
> sound quality.
> but it has poor firmware support and limited function. i check the atcom
>  manual, but didn't find the functions i need (corporate phonebook,
> transfer, callback..etc).

I think that Fanvil is ATCom repackaged (I have an atcom and fanvil
phone and the configuration structure and menus are the same although
the atcom interface looks better).  Fanvil's firmware support is
poor and I accidentally downgraded the firmware thinking I was
upgrading it according to their web page.

Phonebook will be an issue.  Attended an unattended transfers aren't
a problem with these phones and I thought call-back would be
implimented in the PBX, not the phone.

Maybe have a look at Mitel, you can tickle a URL on the phone to
make it dial, so clicking on the name on the company directory in
the intranet will call them using your phone.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich