[asterisk-users] About faxes recived through a PRI and passed to a fax machine connected to a FXS port

Andres Jimenez gandresin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:16:47 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

>  > Let's say I configure the FXS ports in the Astribank as channels 41 &
>  > 42 (only 2 for the moment).
>
>  Hmmm... One full E1 span will get you channels 1-31 (even if you use
>  only up to channel 24, the span will register 31 channels). So the
>  FXS ports of the Astribank will occupy ports 32-39 and 46-53 (40-45 are
>  the I/O ports).
>
>  But then again, normally you just use zapconf / genzaptelconf and get a
>  working configuration.
>
>  So I suspect you got the channel numbers wrong there.

I used those numbers as an example, but I though I could relocate the
Astribank channels to a higher number and have a cleaner setup.

I don't like using automatic tools, because they used the american defaults.

Should I just use zapconf/genzaptelconf and change the zones?

Thanks

--
Andres Jimenez

GPG : http://www.andresin.com/gpg/gandresin@gmail.com.asc