[asterisk-users] About faxes recived through a PRI and passed to a fax machine connected to a FXS port

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 27 13:23:17 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 06:16:47PM +0000, Andres Jimenez wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
>
> >  > Let's say I configure the FXS ports in the Astribank as channels 41 &
> >  > 42 (only 2 for the moment).
> >
> >  Hmmm... One full E1 span will get you channels 1-31 (even if you use
> >  only up to channel 24, the span will register 31 channels). So the
> >  FXS ports of the Astribank will occupy ports 32-39 and 46-53 (40-45 are
> >  the I/O ports).
> >
> >  But then again, normally you just use zapconf / genzaptelconf and get a
> >  working configuration.
> >
> >  So I suspect you got the channel numbers wrong there.
>
> I used those numbers as an example, but I though I could relocate the
> Astribank channels to a higher number and have a cleaner setup.

Those numbers are set at zaptel registration time. So there's not much
freedom for you to set them.

You could assign channels to groups at your whim (baring that there are
only 64 of them).

> I don't like using automatic tools, because they used the american defaults.

The default can be changed by setting lc_country in
/etc/{sysconfig,default}/zaptel .

> Should I just use zapconf/genzaptelconf and change the zones?

That's another possibility.

You can always hadncraft your own, of course.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com