[asterisk-users] About faxes recived through a PRI and passed to a fax machine connected to a FXS port

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 27 12:58:58 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 05:25:08PM +0000, Andres Jimenez wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I want to configure a few FXS ports in an Antribank-16 to be able to
> receive faxes sent throught a PRI:
>

> E1 ==>Zap * ==>FXS * ==>Fax machine
>
> My asterisk box has a Digium TE120P (for the PRI).
>
> Versions are *=> 1.4.17 |  Zaptel=>1.4.8  | libpri=>1.4.5
>
> The Astribank is not configured yet, because I am a little bit
> confused about how to do it.
>
> Let's say I configure the FXS ports in the Astribank as channels 41 &
> 42 (only 2 for the moment).

Hmmm... One full E1 span will get you channels 1-31 (even if you use
only up to channel 24, the span will register 31 channels). So the
FXS ports of the Astribank will occupy ports 32-39 and 46-53 (40-45 are
the I/O ports).

But then again, normally you just use zapconf / genzaptelconf and get a
working configuration.

So I suspect you got the channel numbers wrong there.

> I dedicated DIDs 111111 & 222222 for internal faxes.
>
> Can I just set the dial plan for : (not actual coonfig)
>
> exten=> 111111,1,Dial(Zap/41)
> exten=> 222222,1,Dial(Zap/42)

Basically yes, except the Zaptel channel numbers.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com