[asterisk-users] About faxes recived through a PRI and passed to a fax machine connected to a FXS port

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Feb 27 12:09:39 CST 2008

	You do not have to do anything else.  When Asterisk detects a fax tone
it will disable echo cancellation on those channels so the fax can go
through.  Just make sure that the Astribank is the sync source for
timing and you should be able to send and receive faxes.

	In your dialplan you should always make sure you have a command that
follows the dial command (in case the fax is already busy or does not
answer).

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 17:25 +0000, Andres Jimenez wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I want to configure a few FXS ports in an Antribank-16 to be able to
> receive faxes sent throught a PRI:
>

> E1 ==>Zap * ==>FXS * ==>Fax machine
>
> My asterisk box has a Digium TE120P (for the PRI).
>
> Versions are *=> 1.4.17 |  Zaptel=>1.4.8  | libpri=>1.4.5
>
> The Astribank is not configured yet, because I am a little bit
> confused about how to do it.
>
> Let's say I configure the FXS ports in the Astribank as channels 41 &
> 42 (only 2 for the moment).
>
> I dedicated DIDs 111111 & 222222 for internal faxes.
>
> Can I just set the dial plan for : (not actual coonfig)
>
> exten=> 111111,1,Dial(Zap/41)
> exten=> 222222,1,Dial(Zap/42)
>
> Do I need any other piece of software?
>
> I know 1.6-beta is capable of managing faxes properly, but I won't
> upgrade my * if any other option is available.
>
> Thank you.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001