[asterisk-users] duplicated voicemail messages

Craig Kowald craig.kowald at cubemicrosystems.com
Wed Feb 27 01:38:15 CST 2008

Hello,

It has happened to me twice now that duplicated voicemail messages are
automatically created, every minute.

I have been unable to reliably repeat it (so far), but the basic flow
seems to be:

1. a call comes in via my TDM400P (PSTN line)

2. the call is not answered and goes to voicemail

3. the caller does not really leave a message, just 10 seconds or so of
silence. At least, that is all I end up with.

4. Every minute from that point on, a new voicemail message is created.
All of the messages are 10 seconds of silence, so I assume they are just
duplicates of the original message.

The first time this happened, my mailbox was completely filled with
blank messages.

The second time, it just stopped after 25 minutes. In this case I ended
up with a CDR indicating that the call was answered and lasted for 25
minutes - although the final destination (dst column) of the call was
't' (which I assume means timeout, not that that makes any sense to me).

So, has anybody else ever had a situation where duplicate voicemail
messages are created ? And if so, what did you do about it ?

Regards,

Craig Kowald.