[asterisk-users] Call recording problems from queue

Scott Gifford sgifford at suspectclass.com
Wed Feb 27 01:20:40 CST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to set up call recording for a queue.  Right now the
recording appears to work correctly, but when I call and chatter for a
minute or so, at the end of the call I end up with a very small file
(less than 100 bytes), which contains about .06 seconds of silence.
If I talk for another minute, this file will get up to 200 bytes or
so.

In my queue configuration, I have:

[testq]
monitor-format = gsm
monitor-type = MixMonitor

I can see what looks like MixMonitor starting and stopping at the right
time:

    -- IAX2/sgifford-3 answered Zap/1-1
  == Begin MixMonitor Recording Zap/1-1
    -- Hungup 'IAX2/sgifford-3'
  == Spawn extension (incoming, 3772, 3) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
  == End MixMonitor Recording Zap/1-1

I have tried turning debugging up very high (like 50) and I still
don't see any clues.

I'm using Asterisk 1.4.18 built from source.  The incoming lines are
Zap on a Sangoma card.  The queue members are IAX clients.  The calls
are being sent as GSM.

Does anybody have an idea what could be going wrong, or where to look
to debug this problem?

Thanks!

----Scott.