[asterisk-users] problem transferring calls some of the times

Ian asterisk at iancoetzee.za.net
Mon Feb 25 08:02:36 CST 2008

Gordon Henderson said the following on 25-Feb-08 10:26 AM:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Ian wrote:
>

>> Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC said the following on 22-Feb-08 07:58 PM:
>>
>>> Sorry, I jut got your other message stating the steps your boss' secretary
>>> uses to transfer calls, so this question's time is past.
>>>
>>> I'm curious if the 'flash' button is the only way those phones can do a
>>> transfer.  Do they have any other transfer keys, or could you try the
>>> featuremap codes?  Our polycom transfer buttons have always just worked,
>>> but my users, for some reason, all felt more comfortable using DTMF
>>> keypresses...  dunno why :)
>>>

>> I have tested the phones in numerous ways as well as studied the user manuals
>> of the phones, and the 'flash' key is the only way to do an attended
>> transfer, I will try the keys defined in features.conf today to see if it
>> makes a huge difference, is there any funny configurations I should be aware
>> of before I start playing around with the features.conf?
>>

> This thread has gotten a bit weird for my mailer, anyway, however, if
> we're talking about GXP2000's, then you don't need to use a "flash" type
> event to do a transfer (The GXP2000 doesn't have a flash button anyway).

We are talking about Grandstream BT-200's, the GXP-2000 seems to be
doing alright, except for a few minor other probs, which lies beyond the
scope of this thread
> <snip>
>
> GXP2100's work in the same way.
>
> BT200's work slightly differently and they do have a "flash" button.
>
>   Attended Transfer:
>
>     1. Inform the caller you are going to transfer them.
>     2. Push the FLASH key. The caller will be put on hold and you will get a dial-tone.
>     3. Dial the extension of the 3rd party. (Remember to push the SEND key)

And right here is where things go wrong, when they press the transfer
button, the call doesnt leave the BT200 for some unexplicable reason