[asterisk-users] problem transferring calls some of the times

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Feb 25 02:26:20 CST 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Ian wrote:

> Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC said the following on 22-Feb-08 07:58 PM:
>> Sorry, I jut got your other message stating the steps your boss' secretary
>> uses to transfer calls, so this question's time is past.
>>
>> I'm curious if the 'flash' button is the only way those phones can do a
>> transfer.  Do they have any other transfer keys, or could you try the
>> featuremap codes?  Our polycom transfer buttons have always just worked,
>> but my users, for some reason, all felt more comfortable using DTMF
>> keypresses...  dunno why :)
>>
> I have tested the phones in numerous ways as well as studied the user manuals
> of the phones, and the 'flash' key is the only way to do an attended
> transfer, I will try the keys defined in features.conf today to see if it
> makes a huge difference, is there any funny configurations I should be aware
> of before I start playing around with the features.conf?

This thread has gotten a bit weird for my mailer, anyway, however, if
we're talking about GXP2000's, then you don't need to use a "flash" type
event to do a transfer (The GXP2000 doesn't have a flash button anyway).

On the GXP2000, to do an attended transfer, you first pick an unused
"line" and push the key. Eg. You have a call on "line 1", so push the
"line 2" key. This puts the caller on-hold, and gives you a dial-tone. You
dial the number and when it answers you can speak to them. If you then
want to transfer, push the TRNF key, THEN the "line" key corresponding to
the original call (usually "line 1") and there you go. To simple get back
to the caller, just push the original line key without the TRNF key.

GXP2100's work in the same way.

BT200's work slightly differently and they do have a "flash" button.

  Attended Transfer:

    1. Inform the caller you are going to transfer them.
    2. Push the FLASH key. The caller will be put on hold and you will get a dial-tone.
    3. Dial the extension of the 3rd party. (Remember to push the SEND key)
    4. When they answer, announce the caller, and if they want to take the
call, then press the TRANSFER key and the call will be transfered and you
can hang-up.

     * If you dial a wrong number, or the number is unavailable, you will
be connected back to the original caller.
     * If the 3rd party doesn't answer, or the call goes into voicemail,
use the FLASH key to re-connect to the original caller.
     * If the 3rd party doesn't want the call, then ask them to hang up
(you will hear a pulsed tone), then press the FLASH key to re-connect to
the original caller.

Hope this helps...

Gordon