[asterisk-users] Avaya 4610sw

Ed Nuñez enunez at netoneint.com
Mon Feb 18 14:05:46 CST 2008

I have loaded the SIP firmware for an Avaya 4610sw IP phone and have
successfully registered it to Asterisk BE and Asterisk 1.4.18.  I am however
experiencing two issues that I am hoping someone has already overcome.

The first one is that the phone looses it’s registration from Asterisk every
now and then.  I found a tip that may work and am now testing which is to
comment the line mailbox=(extension) from it’s sip.conf configuration.

The second issue is that if I make a call and place the call on hold, when I
pick up the line to resume the call, I hear no audio on neither the
originating or destination phone.  If I place the call on hold again, I can
hear music on hold on the destination phone.