[asterisk-users] Avaya 4610sw

Ed Nuñez enunez at netoneint.com
Mon Feb 18 14:00:36 CST 2008

I have an Avaya 4610SW IP phone which I have upgraded to SIP firmware.

I have successfully registered this phone to Asterisk BE as well as Asterisk 1.4.18

Almost everything is working well. Except for two issues.

One of the problems is that the phone looses registration every now and then ad I have to re register.   I have found a tip for this which I am testing if it will work, which is to comment out line mailbox=(extension).

The second and more serious issue is that when I place someone on hold, I am not able to resume the call.  I can hear the music on hold on the destination phone and the music on hold stops when I try to pick up the line from the Avaya again, but there is no audio between the two phones.  I can hang up and call again and I can hear both ways just fine.

I would appreciate any input on this.

Thank you

Ed Nu