[asterisk-users] Attatch monitor recording to a voicemail

Ben Willcox ben.willcox at british-gymnastics.org
Mon Feb 18 16:17:14 CST 2008

Hello All,

Our old Lucent Argent system had a feature whereby when you initiate
recording during a call, it would afterwards send the recording as a
voicemail message to the user who initiated the recording.

We use the automon *1 recording function in asterisk, which allows users
to record a call if necessary on the fly. Unfortunately there doesn't
appear to be an easy way for the user to actually access that
recording.
What I'd like to do is replicate the functionality described above, so
that when the call finishes, asterisk sends a voicemail to the user
containing the monitor recording.

I'm not sure of the best way to achieve this - is there a method I can
use within the asterisk dialplan, or do I need to manipulate the automon
wav file and voicemail directory contents outside of asterisk to put the
recording in the users mailbox?

Thanks,
Ben