[asterisk-users] IAX2 trunks unreliable becoming UNREACHABLE aftera time

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 03:40:56 CST 2008

Dear Royce;

Did ur problem resolved? Because now I am facing same
problem.

It look like that it happens with IAX trunk only, but
does not happen with IAX endpoints that registering
(as trunk does not register, it sends the call
directly).

My initial analysis that one of the following can help
to let the trunks talk: if there is an IAX endpoints
registering to the machines, then trunk become active
and working, or if two machines need to be restarted,
and maybe there is something else.

But, as u said if it is related to a bug of rand()
being threaded and so on, so I would like to know if u
found a solution for ur problem?

Last question: what about SIP trunk? Is it stable?

Any advise?

Regards
Bilal

I'm having the same exact problem......2 sites
connected via the
 internet, 2 remote sites are unreachable, but the
home site finds and can
 make calls just fine to the 2 remotes.

-Darren