[asterisk-users] Digium stopped TDM400P production: alternatives??

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Sun Feb 17 04:44:59 CST 2008

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:

> Right now they push the user to buy a 4 channel echo canceller which
> you can get from Octasic for $40. The card with 4 ports is retail
> around $640.

Err, if you buy a genuine TDM400P (the card we are talking about).
Digium offer a free HPEC license. (although HPEC only costs $10/channel).

> You can get OpenVox or another brand TDM400P compatible for 1/3 of
> that + $40 for echo canceller.

Only for a software Echo Canceller. To compare like with like, a sangoma
echo canceller board costs $300, and a Rhino board with echo canceller
is $429. (although the rhino one has the line card onboard as well)

> Now that's a Digium high marigin right there
> .. someone has to pay the CEO salary and the mortgage for a
> new building :)

And for all the engineers that are working on code that is freely
distributed that a lot of us are using without paying for.

That reminds me, I wonder if I can find the receipt for my TDMP400 so
that I can claim my free license.