[asterisk-users] Gemeinschaft released

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Thu Feb 7 17:47:08 CST 2008

Brian Capouch wrote:
> Philipp Kempgen wrote:
>
>>> The cluster capability is very interesting.
>> Exactly. Although I must admit wo don't really have much
>> documentation on how to install a "Gemeinschaft cluster".
>>

> Is there anything documented in English?

Not really. :(
But most of the comments in the source code are in English. :)

> Philipp's mail doesn't say what the product does, and the website is in
> German, which I don't read.
>
> So I'm wondering if I missed a discussion of what it does in the first
> place!

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2007-August/195339.html

Gemeinschaft is a "toolkit" around Asterisk for large
installations - a failover solution, a web GUI (screenshots at
http://www.amooma.de/gpbx/gui.html), a bunch of command line
utilities to make the whole system scriptable (example at
http://www.amooma.de/gpbx/admin-info.html), hot-desking
functionality, automatic provisioning for different phone models
(Snom, Aastra, more to come ...) including XML phonebooks etc.
We started to develop Gemeinschaft as a high availabilty solution
with mass deployment in mind. But nothing stops you from
installing it on a single server. All of our code is licensed
under the GNU/GPL.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998