[asterisk-users] Dial timeout with SIP - how to set timeout for INVITE ACK

Julien Chavanton jc at atlastelecom.com
Thu Dec 18 11:51:28 CST 2008

>So why not use 30 and let Asterisk take care of the SIP details/
>timeouts?

Asterisk will wait the until it receive "answer" or timeout

I need to timeout a SIP call on SIP INVITE ACK, in ISDN for exmaple this is translated to PROCEEDING
Meaning "I have received the call, now I will look what to do with it"

The result with the suggested timeout is not good enought, you may wait for the whole timeout even if the other side as not sent anything, this will be the case for all your calls, depending on the timeout this would be killing the traffic.