[asterisk-users] Dial timeout with SIP - how to set timeout for INVITE ACK

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Thu Dec 18 10:17:23 CST 2008

Julien Chavanton schrieb:
> I have a concern with Dial command, I want to enable a secondary route with a remote partner, if the first route fails then we use the second one :

> Solution1: it will try both (there will be 2 simultanious actives calls ringing) this is not clean when calling an endusers
>
>  exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@remote-sip1,5 <mailto:SIP/${EXTEN}@remote-sip1,5> )
>  exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@remote-sip2,5 <mailto:SIP/${EXTEN}@remote-sip2,5> )

You can't have the same "priority" (1) more than once per
extension (_X.).

> Solution2: it will wait until 5 seconds of timeout (on answer) and then try the second alternative "n"
>
>  exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@remote-sip1,5 <mailto:SIP/${EXTEN}@remote-sip1,5> )
>  exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@remote-sip2,5 <mailto:SIP/${EXTEN}@remote-sip2,5> )
>
> the problem is we can not select what timeout represents, timeout on ACK from INVITE would be perfect I think (1 second for example), timeout for answer ? this is to hard to predict, some mobile phone can ring for 30 seconds, etc.

So why not use 30 and let Asterisk take care of the SIP details/
timeouts?

And just to be sure: Don't put those "mailto" things in
extensions.conf.  :-)

   Philipp Kempgen

--
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de  -  http://www.the-asterisk-book.com