[asterisk-users] Alcatel OXE + Asterisk as external IVR

Artifex Maximus artifexor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 06:05:57 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/17 Artifex Maximus <artifexor at gmail.com>
>> Is anyone using the $subject setup?
>>
>> What I would like to do the following setup:
>> 1. OXE is setup for receiving calls, handling Agents
>> 2. Asterisk as external IVR on extension 9xxx connected with ISDN (Q.931)
>> PRI
>>
>> I've talked with support person at Alcatel and he said that Q.931
>> cannot handle this situation because after calls "leave" OXE it does
>> not know anything so I cannot hangup in Asterisk and call will use two
>> channel. Is it right? He said that ABCF2 or Q.SIG is able handling
>> this situation because Q.SIG is an extension to Q.931. I take some
>> search on topic and find out that Asterisk's Q.SIG not fully
>> implemented. Is Asterisk implementation enough for this kind of setup?
> What is needed is that the Asterisk box should either :
> - forward incoming call to the right endpoint, using a single channel,
> - open a second channel and remain in media path till it ends.
Thanks for your answer! You are right and first option what I am
looking for. I have asked support staff and sending back DTMF on open
channel does not help.

> I'm not an authority on this topic, but I would say that, as OXE and
> asterisk are connected through an E1/T1 link,
> - you must upgrade OXE and Asterisk to Q.SIG to get forwarding option (and
> check asterisk's QSIG supports Call Deflection),
> - casual PRI is enough if you stick with 2 channels option.
Unfortunately I am not expert on this topic as well but second option
is not good for us. The question is how good Asterisk's Q.SIG
implementation for this task.

> If you don't expect to get more than 15 (or 12) calls at a time, I don't see
> any real downside to use option 2.
Often we have more than 15 calls at same time and that is why first
option is not acceptable.

Bye,
Zsolt