[asterisk-users] Asterisk / Hylafax

Michael michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Sun Dec 14 05:01:15 CST 2008

> This path will not work. As You mentioned, * supports T38 path through
> only. In Your setup there will be a conversion on the * box between T38
> via SIP provider and IAX (which uses G711 codec in this case).
>
> To make it work, use newer versions of t38modem and replace the iaxmodem
> with it. Newer versions of t38modem supports SIP, so that Your path will
> be
> PSTN => T.38 aware SIP provider => Internet => My machine (Asterisk) =>
> T38-modem on localhost => Hylafax.

I am using t38 modem 1.0.0, which AFAIK is the latest.

I have also tried the t38 method (as documented on voip-info using opal and
pwlib) and have not been able to get this to work. As a side when I start the
t38 modem it complains it can find libavcodec, which is on my machine. I
don't know if this is material or not?

Michael