[asterisk-users] Asterisk / Hylafax

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Sun Dec 14 04:43:42 CST 2008

Hi Michael,

Am Samstag, den 13.12.2008, 23:09 +1300 schrieb Michael:
> For some odd reason the call registration issue doesn't seem to stop it
> working, except a few seconds after Hylafax answers the call it hangs up, I
> suspect because Asterisk only supports T38 pass through.
>
> Here is my data path
>
> PSTN => T.38 aware SIP provider => Internet => My machine (Asterisk) => IAX
> modem on localhost => Hylafax.

This path will not work. As You mentioned, * supports T38 path through
only. In Your setup there will be a conversion on the * box between T38
via SIP provider and IAX (which uses G711 codec in this case).

To make it work, use newer versions of t38modem and replace the iaxmodem
with it. Newer versions of t38modem supports SIP, so that Your path will
be
PSTN => T.38 aware SIP provider => Internet => My machine (Asterisk) =>
T38-modem on localhost => Hylafax.

HTH,

Regards
Karsten