[asterisk-users] Asterisk / Hylafax

Michael michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Sat Dec 13 04:09:31 CST 2008

For some odd reason the call registration issue doesn't seem to stop it
working, except a few seconds after Hylafax answers the call it hangs up, I
suspect because Asterisk only supports T38 pass through.

Here is my data path

PSTN => T.38 aware SIP provider => Internet => My machine (Asterisk) => IAX
modem on localhost => Hylafax.

While I am aware from being on the Hylafax mailing list that IAX does work, no
one there has been able to advise of a way it can be done with a SIP upline
provider. I think people generally use it for ISDN PRI => Asterisk => IAX
modem => Hylafax setups.

Now Call Weaver apparently does have some better fax capabilities though I
can't find any info on how to integrate it with Hylafax.

Does anyone know how it can be done with Call Weaver and/or if there is any
3rd party software to enable what I am after?

Michael